The University of Missouri Veterinary Health Center is excited to announce the April 25, 2018, purchase of the Animal Emergency Center. The Veterinary Health Center at Kansas City Animal Emergency Center provides after-hours care that Kansas City veterinarians rely on for their patients. The center is staffed by licensed veterinarians, overnight, on weekends and holidays. We welcome this opportunity to partner with the Kansas City veterinary community.
Important COVID-19 Information
To ensure a safe environment for all our Veterinary Health Center at Kansas City clients and staff, we have implemented some new policies.
- We are asking that clients call before coming to the clinic. Our number is 816-455-5430.
- Prior to receiving animals in the clinic we are screening all clients for potential exposure to the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 by asking to the following questions:
- Has client or any family member exhibited flu-like symptoms including fatigue, aches, fever or cough at any time during the past 14 days?
- Has client traveled outside the United States in the past 14 days or to regions within the US where there is an outbreak of COVID-19?
- Has client tested positive for the COVID-19 virus?
We ask these questions so we can determine how best to protect the health of clinic staff, clients and our community as we provide care for pets.
- Access to our facility is restricted. Whenever possible, we will meet clients at the door and take their animals into the clinic.
- We will request a cell phone number we can use to communicate with clients as their pets are being treated
- We are asking that clients remain in their vehicles while waiting for their pet. The lobby and restrooms are not available.
- We are encouraging electronic payments and providing discharge instructions and receipts via email.
- We are asking our referring veterinarians to call us to discuss cases prior to referral so that we can best determine how to meet their patients’ needs.
We regret any inconvenience to our clients and referring veterinarians we do our part to help contain the spread of the virus that causes this disease.
Hours of operation:
(Licensed Veterinarian on Staff)
Monday – Thursday 6 p.m. – 8 a.m.
Friday 6 p.m. – Monday at 8 a.m.
8141 North Oak Trafficway, Kansas City, MO 64118
Kansas City Veterinarians
Lacy Allee, DVM
Edith Bellido, DVM
George (Renny) Buckaloo, DVM
Brenda Cederberg, DVM, CCRP
Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner
Wayne Fry, DVM
Col. (ret.) Mark Gants, DVM, MS, DACVPM
Diplomate American College of Veterinary Preventive Medicine
Christina McCullough, DVM
Lara Plass, DVM
Jennifer Gamracy, BVM&S
Charlotte Gerhard, DVM
Elizabeth Tursi, DVM
Melodye Church, RVT
Christie Jobe, RVT
Sarah Miller, RVT
Danielle Reser, RVT
Tanna Ritchey, RVT
Lisa Schelinski, RVT
LeAnne Stewart, M.A.