The MU Veterinary Health Center offers emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Due to temporary staffing shortages and a high volume of emergencies, our Small Animal Emergency Service is currently unable to provide 24-hour emergency care for all animals. At present we are prioritizing care to animals likely to suffer significant morbidity without immediate care. Equine and food animal emergency services are unchanged, offering 24-hour care.
Small Animal Hospital
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for appointments, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. for emergencies
- Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. for emergencies
- Our Small Animal Emergency Service is open 24 hours a day to provide care for current patients
Large Animal Hospital
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for appointments
- Monday through Sunday: Open 24 hours a day for emergencies
Learn how to recognize medical emergencies in dogs and cats; sheep and goats; or horses, ponies, mules and donkeys.
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Small Animal Hospital: 573-882-7821
Equine Hospital: 573-882-3513
Food Animal Hospital: 573-882-6857