Teach, Heal, Discover, Serve
The University of Missouri Veterinary Health Center improves animal health and welfare by:
- Providing state-of-the art clinical services for patients, clients and veterinarians.
- Providing high-quality instruction to professional students and post-graduate trainees.
- Conducting research relevant to important animal and human health concerns.
- Advancing education for veterinarians, veterinary technicians and the public.
Our vision is to be recognized for exemplary patient care, teaching excellence and innovative research that advances the health and well-being of animals and people.
The University of Missouri Veterinary Health Center’s values:
- Respect: We are committed to respect ourselves, our colleagues and the constituents and animals we serve. We demonstrate respect through our commitment to act ethically, to welcome diversity and to engage in open exchange of ideas and decisions.
- Discovery: We recognize that discovery through investigative research is vital to our ability to positively impact animal and human health.
- Excellence: We demand excellence of ourselves and each other. We must not be content with the status quo, but constantly strive to achieve our best in pursuit of our mission.
- Responsibility: Each individual shares responsibility for creating a working environment that fosters our values. Being responsible requires us to be thoughtful stewards of resources — accountable to ourselves, each other and the public.