The surgery service can provide arthroscopic evaluation and treatment for a variety of conditions including fractures in racehorses, developmental diseases in young horses, such as osteochondritis dissecans (OCD), septic joints and tendon sheaths, and tendon evaluation. We have experience and advanced training in treating horses of all breeds and disciplines that need joint or tendon surgery.
Highlights of Service:
- Board-certified surgeons and surgical residents with specialized training
- High-definition arthroscope, camera and monitor system
- Advanced treatment techniques
- Specialized power equipment for debridement of extensive lesions
- Capability for arthroscopic-guided injection of stem cells and platelet-rich plasma