The surgery service can evaluate your horse for upper respiratory problems and provide options for surgical interventions ranging from minimally invasive laser surgery to complicated carotid artery surgery. We have experience and advanced training in treating horses of all breeds and disciplines with a variety of upper respiratory issues.
Highlights of Service:
- Board-certified surgeons and surgical residents with specialized training
- Digital radiographic and computed tomography (CT) evaluation of upper airway, guttural pouches and sinuses
- Endoscopic-assisted laser surgery of the airway
- Treatment of performance-limiting conditions such as laryngeal hemiplegia (“roarers”), epiglottic entrapment and dorsal displacement of the soft palate
- Fluoroscopy for facilitated guttural pouch and sinus surgery