At the Veterinary Health Center, our Food Animal Hospital clinicians offer a variety of on-the-farm services, from individual animal care to herd health. If you can’t bring your animals to the hospital, or simply prefer not to, let us bring our exemplary care to you. Although most of our ambulatory visits occur within 50 miles of Columbia, we are happy to travel farther by special arrangement.
We offer a full range of ambulatory services, including:
- Routine herd health, including vaccinations, parasite control, pregnancy examinations, castration and dehorning
- Herd-level disease surveillance testing (brucellosis, Johne’s, tuberculosis, caseous lymphadenitis and more)
- Certificates of veterinary inspection for the movement of animals within Missouri, interstate and internationally
- Treatment of emergency medical issues
- Herd disease outbreak investigations
- Herd health planning to help improve animal health and efficiency
A portable chute can be brought to your farm if you do not have adequate handling facilities.
If you would like to schedule an appointment or have questions, please contact us at 573-882-6857.