When it comes to health care, pet owners want only the best for their furry family members. The University of Missouri Veterinary Health Center at Wentzville, Missouri, offers unique services to complement the full line of routine and specialized veterinary care at our Columbia location. Our satellite clinic opened in 2011 and provides convenient care for St. Louis-area clients whose pets need cancer treatments, dermatology or advanced diagnostic imaging.
The Veterinary Health Center at Wentzville brings unique diagnostic and therapeutic services to the St. Louis area, improving accessibility to the resources of University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine for veterinarians and their clients. Diagnosis and treatment of dogs and cats with certain cancers and dermatologic diseases are more convenient, economical and less stressful for owners and pets.
Our VHC – Wentzville veterinarians include board-certified specialists who are happy to work closely with your local veterinarian or coordinate care with the specialists at our Columbia location. If you are unsure if your pet is a candidate for care at our clinic, please call us or talk to your veterinarian.
Important COVID-19 Information
To ensure a safe environment for all our Veterinary Health Center at Wentzville clients and staff, we have implemented the following policies:
These policies are subject to change. Please call to confirm the measures currently in place.
- We are screening all clients for potential exposure to the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. This is to determine if the client or family member has exhibited flu-like symptoms (fatigue, aches, fever or cough) or tested positive for the COVID-19 virus in the past 14 days.
- Clients will have the option of a brief in-clinic appointment. This will be on a limited basis to facilitate social distancing within the facility.
- Masks are recommended for everyone entering the building who is not fully vaccinated. Masks will be available, if needed.
Our board-certified radiation oncologist offers the following services at our Wentzville facility:
Radiation oncology ― Radiation therapy can be delivered on an outpatient basis with our state-of-the-art linear accelerator.
Medical oncology ― Cancer treatments include new options available through clinical trials of newly developed anti-cancer drugs.
Testing, such as aspiration cytology or biopsy, to diagnose cancer, and full staging to evaluate patients for any evidence of metastatic spread of disease.
Skin and ear conditions
Our board-certified dermatologist treats allergies, bacterial and fungal infections, parasitic skin diseases, endocrine and metabolic disorders, immune-mediated diseases, skin tumors, nail and nail bed diseases and other dermatoses.
- Diagnosis and management of complicated dermatoses.
- Biopsy and histopathologic interpretation of unusual dermatoses.
- Intradermal testing to identify allergies.
- Injectable and oral allergen-specific immunotherapy.
- Video otoscopy for deep ear flushes, myringotomies, bulla cultures and removal of foreign bodies and polyps from the ear canal.
Advanced diagnostic imaging
We offer computerized tomography as well as diagnostic radiography. All images are evaluated by a specialist in veterinary radiology.
To make an appointment, call 636-332-5041.
Karen Campbell, DVM, MS, DACVIM-Small Animal Internal Medicine, DACVD
Board-Certified Specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine
Board-Certified Specialist in Veterinary Dermatology
Shirley Chu, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (Oncology)
Tara Ehling, DVM, DACVR-Radiation Oncology
Assistant Clinical Professor of Radiation Oncology
Board-Certified Specialist in Veterinary Radiation Oncology
Dr. Sarah Hoff, DVM, MPH
Residency-trained in Dermatology
Susan Starr, DVM
Kelsey Brown, RVT, Veterinary Technician
Darla Combs, RVT, Veterinary Technician
Kiersten Dunn, RVT, Veterinary Technician
Mary Flacke, RVT, Veterinary Technician
Clare Frederking, RVT, Head Veterinary Technician
Kiersten Gillman, RVT, Veterinary Technician
Jane Gregory, RVT, Veterinary Technician
Gaye Sponamore, Radiation Therapist
Abbie Williams, Receptionist
Rebecca Wiseman, RVT, Veterinary Technician
Carla Zerbolio, Office Supervisor