Computed tomography uses multiple X-rays taken at different angles around the patient to produce a detailed image of various organs and structures. The VHC operates a 640-slice, state-of-the-art CT scanner. The scanner provides rapid acquisition of the area of interest.
Our CT capabilities:
- Faster scan time allows imaging with minimal sedation
- Fast scan times allow for scanning in a single respiratory phase
- Ability to scan large animals and equines from carpus/tarsus through distal extremities
- Large animal and equine cranial studies
- Perform both cardiac and respiratory gating